Convert Square Miles to Square Kilometers
Learn How to Convert Square Miles to Square Kilometers Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a square mile area measurement to a square kilometer measurement involves multiplying your area by the conversion ratio to find the result. A square mile is equal to 2.589988 square kilometers, so to convert simply multiply by 2.589988.
For example, 5sq mi = (5 × 2.589988) = 12.949941sq km.
Learn more about finding the area of your space using our area calculator.
Square miles and square kilometers are both units used to measure area. Learn more about area and find more area measurement conversion calculators. A square mile is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as sq mi, for example 1sq mi. A square kilometer is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as sq km, for example 1sq km. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Area Conversions
- Convert to Acres Area
- 1sq mi is equal to 640.004929 acres
- Convert to Square Yards Area
- 1sq mi is equal to 3,097,600 square yards
- Convert to Square Feet Area
- 1sq mi is equal to 27,878,400 square feet
- Convert to Square Inches Area
- 1sq mi is equal to 4,014,489,599 square inches
- Convert to Square Meters Area
- 1sq mi is equal to 2,589,988 square meters
- Convert to Square Centimeters Area
- 1sq mi is equal to 25,899,881,100 square centimeters
- Convert to Square Millimeters Area
- 1sq mi is equal to 2,589,988,110,000 square millimeters
Square Mile Measurements and Equivalent Square Kilometer Conversions
|Square Miles||Square Kilometers||Square Miles||Square Kilometers||Square Miles||Square Kilometers|