Convert Years to Centuries
Enter the time in years below to get the value converted to centuries.
How to Convert Years to Centuries
To convert a year measurement to a century measurement, multiply the time by the conversion ratio. One year is equal to 0.01 centuries, so use this simple formula to convert:
The time in centuries is equal to the years multiplied by 0.01.
Years and centuries are both units used to measure time. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
One year is the time it takes for the Earth to complete its orbit around the Sun. There are 365 days in a year, with the exception of the leap year when there are 366.
Years can be abbreviated as yr, and are also sometimes abbreviated as y. For example, 1 year can be written as 1 yr or 1 y.
The century is a time period of 100 years.
Year Measurements and Equivalent Century Conversions
More Year Time Conversions
- Convert to Decades
- 1 yr is equal to 0.1 decades
- Convert to Months
- 1 yr is equal to 12 months
- Convert to Weeks
- 1 yr is equal to 52.1775 weeks
- Convert to Days
- 1 yr is equal to 365.2425 days
- Convert to Hours
- 1 yr is equal to 8,765.82 hours
- Convert to Minutes
- 1 yr is equal to 525,949.2 minutes
- Convert to Seconds
- 1 yr is equal to 31,556,952 seconds
- Convert to Milliseconds
- 1 yr is equal to 31,556,952,000 milliseconds
- Convert to Microseconds
- 1 yr is equal to 31,556,952,000,000 microseconds
- Convert to Nanoseconds
- 1 yr is equal to 31,557,000,000,000,000 nanoseconds