Convert Seconds to Centuries
Enter the time in seconds below to get the value converted to centuries.
How to Convert Seconds to Centuries
To convert a second measurement to a century measurement, multiply the time by the conversion ratio. One second is equal to 3.1689E-10 centuries, so use this simple formula to convert:
The time in centuries is equal to the seconds multiplied by 3.1689E-10.
Seconds and centuries are both units used to measure time. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The second has historically been defined as 1/60 of a minute or 1/86,400 of a day. The SI defines the second as the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom.
The second is the SI base unit for time in the metric system. Seconds can be abbreviated as sec, for example 1 second can be written as 1 sec.
The century is a time period of 100 years.
Second Measurements and Equivalent Century Conversions
More Second Time Conversions
- Convert to Decades
- 1 sec is equal to 3.1689E-9 decades
- Convert to Years
- 1 sec is equal to 3.1689E-8 years
- Convert to Months
- 1 sec is equal to 3.8026E-7 months
- Convert to Weeks
- 1 sec is equal to 1.6534E-6 weeks
- Convert to Days
- 1 sec is equal to 1.1574E-5 days
- Convert to Hours
- 1 sec is equal to 0.000278 hours
- Convert to Minutes
- 1 sec is equal to 0.016667 minutes
- Convert to Milliseconds
- 1 sec is equal to 1,000 milliseconds
- Convert to Microseconds
- 1 sec is equal to 1,000,000 microseconds
- Convert to Nanoseconds
- 1 sec is equal to 1,000,000,000 nanoseconds