Convert Decades to Years
Enter the time in decades below to get the value converted to years.
How to Convert Decades to Years
To convert a decade measurement to a year measurement, multiply the time by the conversion ratio. One decade is equal to 10 years, so use this simple formula to convert:
The time in years is equal to the decades multiplied by 10.
Decades and years are both units used to measure time. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The decade is a time period of 10 years.
One year is the time it takes for the Earth to complete its orbit around the Sun. There are 365 days in a year, with the exception of the leap year when there are 366.
Years can be abbreviated as yr, and are also sometimes abbreviated as y. For example, 1 year can be written as 1 yr or 1 y.
Decade Measurements and Equivalent Year Conversions
More Decade Time Conversions
- Convert to Centuries
- 1 decade is equal to 0.1 centuries
- Convert to Months
- 1 decade is equal to 120 months
- Convert to Weeks
- 1 decade is equal to 521.775 weeks
- Convert to Days
- 1 decade is equal to 3,652.43 days
- Convert to Hours
- 1 decade is equal to 87,658.2 hours
- Convert to Minutes
- 1 decade is equal to 5,259,492 minutes
- Convert to Seconds
- 1 decade is equal to 315,569,520 seconds
- Convert to Milliseconds
- 1 decade is equal to 315,569,520,000 milliseconds
- Convert to Microseconds
- 1 decade is equal to 315,570,000,000,000 microseconds
- Convert to Nanoseconds
- 1 decade is equal to 315,570,000,000,000,000 nanoseconds