Temperature Unit Conversion Calculators
Temperature is a measure of the warmth or coldness of an object, and is sometimes referred to as the intensity of heat or heat energy in an object. Wikipedia defines temperature as a comparative objective measure of hot and cold. When an object has a warm temperature, we can feel that sensation. For example, we feel a burning sensation when touching boiling water, or a freezing sensation when touching an ice cube.
Temperature is measured using fahrenheit, celsius, or kelvins. The temperature unit conversion tools above can help convert between fahrenheit, celsius, or kelvin temperature measurements. Thermometers are instruments that measure temperature in a quantitative way. Learn more about thermometers here.
Fahrenheit temperature measurements are commonly used in the US, however most countries measure temperature using celsius. Kelvins are the primary unit of measurement and is an extension of celsius and range down to absolute zero. 0 kelvins = absolute zero or -273.15° celsius. Water freezes at 32° fahrenheit or 0° celsius. Water boils at 212° fahrenheit or 100° celsius. Convert celsius to fahrenheit or fahrenheit to celsius.
Units of Temperature Measurement
Common Temperature Measurement Conversions
- Fahrenheit to Celsius Temperature Conversion
- 1 fahrenheit is equal to -17.222222 celsius
- Fahrenheit to Kelvins Temperature Conversion
- 1 fahrenheit is equal to 255.927778 kelvins
- Celsius to Fahrenheit Temperature Conversion
- 1 celsius is equal to 33.8 fahrenheit
- Celsius to Kelvins Temperature Conversion
- 1 celsius is equal to 274.15 kelvins
- Kelvins to Fahrenheit Temperature Conversion
- 1 kelvin is equal to -457.87 fahrenheit
- Kelvins to Celsius Temperature Conversion
- 1 kelvin is equal to -272.15 celsius
Temperature Unit Conversion Table
|1 fahrenheit =||1||-17.222222||255.927778|
|1 celsius =||33.8||1||274.15|
|1 kelvin =||-457.87||-272.15||1|